The line between traditional and online businesses is becoming more and more blurred. The value of the Internet in people’s buying habits is constantly growing and the US Census Bureau estimates that online retail sales are only getting started. It is not too late to put in a web shop to your brick and mortar store!
According to first estimates, online companies in the US generated 474 million dollars in earnings in 2018; the business is forecast to grow by 20 percent by 2022. Why would you need to lose out on the ride of a life?
As Erply’s client, you’re one of the winners — we just improved our Shopify module. The module is a comfortable tool to quickly set up your internet shop.
This time we will concentrate on what you need to pay attention to when launching your internet shop.
How Do You Gain an Internet Shop?
The principal benefit of a web store to get a merchant is significantly lower maintenance costs compared to a conventional shop. However, the list of benefits for clients goes on: time saved while purchasing, open 24/7, broad selection, everything can be accessed from one place, no queues, etc..
You may develop your own web shop, but it is much simpler for a beginner to use a readymade platform that just requires you to design the storefront and then start the store. One such choice is Shopify that has been the gold standard for internet platforms. Essentially, Shopify is a huge mall where each merchant can open their own shop or booth. Shopify will look after administration and collaboration with providers, and be certain that all payment systems are operational.
Shopify’s two-week free trial period also speaks to its benefit. The platform has unlimited goods and file space, and it can be used to create new pages, host a site and direct visitors to your Facebook or Pinterest page. You also have access to over one hundred Shopify apps.
To reach a wider audience, your platform has to be optimized for smartphones — according to eMarketer, 59 percent of online purchases in 2017 were created using a smartphone. Shopify enables customers to shop in the device of their choosing.
What Are the Costs of Running a Shopify Online Shop?
Shopify presents you with about ten free storefront designs, each with two to three kinds, to help you design your web shop. In case you’ve got specific requirements and need something different, you can purchase a custom layout for your internet store for an extra fee (from $80 to $160–180).
Speaking of costs and running costs, the fundamental Shopify starter bundle has a monthly fee starting at $29 plus transaction fees (2.9% + 30 cents); the simple merchant bundle starts at $79 per month (plus transaction fees 2.6% + 30 cents).
Erply and Shopify make consumer payments incredibly straightforward and you can use any payment method of your choice (PayPal, Visa, Amex and MasterCard are most common).
Shopify charges a service fee of 0.5–2% on every purchase made on your internet shop. For an extra fee you can also buy an assortment of systems and apps that simplify internet store management and make the shop more comfortable for your clients.
To sum up, Shopify’s benefits include:
- effortless to use for beginners;
- Ideal for selling both physical and digital products;
- accessibility to warehouse management;
- Payment and delivery options;
- Social networking interface;
- No technical difficulties.
Things to Think about Before Setting Up Your Web Store
Before you put in the Shopify module into your Erply account, you must create a plan detailing every step towards reaching your goal and your web store’s target market.
What Do People Buy Online?
The survey conducted a few years ago from the US Census Bureau shows the proportion of purchases made online.
The percentage of online sales compared to physical earnings
Attributing financial value to the market shares is particularly interesting and lets us find the actual sums involved.
If we take a close look at the numbers and positions, it is safe to say that the food and drink, and food supplement businesses have loads of growth potential in online commerce.
It’s apparent that there’s loads of space online for everyone. This, however, means that variables which don’t come into play at a physical store have to be taken into account when conducting an internet store — the store’s layout and UX, online advertising, etc.. Let us take a look at a number of the critical factors you need to pay attention to when establishing your internet shop.
Layout and User-Experience
You need to examine the construction of your webpage in terrific detail to guarantee that each and every visitor knows your page in precisely the identical way.
- Group your products so they are easy to find;
- Supply as much information about each product as possible (in the ingredients to the way the item will be delivered to the client );
- Upload lots of photographs because that is what people see first before moving on to the item description;
- Provide a clear summary of your store’s shopping and payment processes.
Picking a Domain Name
The domain name has to be brief, concise and catchy.
- The title should be directly connected to the title of your internet store;
- The title might be something which describes the products that you sell, e.g. a keyword based domain name guarantees your store is much easier to find on Google;
- Keep the title short (up to ten characters), easy (make sure people will not accidentally misspell it) and unique (make it tricky );
- Prevent similarities with popular brands to prevent possible disputes and penalties for breaching a trademark;
- you may also wish to check that the title can be found on Facebook (this will provide you an advantage in building a name for your brand);
- Do not forget that you are likely going to need to pay an annual fee for a personalized domain name.
Legislation and Rights
Consider which pictures, background music, etc. you will use. This will not be a issue with Shopify, which offers you loads of themes to pick from. Some fundamental themes are available for free while nearly all the individual ones can be obtained for a reasonable monthly fee.
However, in case you’ve got a very clear vision and would like to use different images or music, you will want to sign a contract with the writer, moving the copyrights to your shop.
If your web store has a specific and functioning trademark, you should patent it a thriving shop might attract fraud.
Activate Your Marketing Tools
As stated earlier, Shopify permits you to begin a blog in your store platform, offering you a powerful tool for generating traffic. All you will need to know is the target group of your shop and how to tackle them. Besides your blog, you also need to keep an active presence on social networking, e.g. Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
Other powerful internet marketing tools include SEO and Google AdWords. SEO or search engine optimization helps ensure that your store is one of the first to pop up on Google. Many factors contribute to SEO, e.g. word choice, wording, links between sub-pages, the amount of outside links to your webpage, etc.. Google AdWords lets you create and display your company’s advertisements on Google. This means that someone who visits your page will see your ads on other sites, Facebook or apps. But bear in mind, Google AdWords isn’t for free.
Web stores often wither due to a lack of advertising — you can not just set up a shop and expect clients to find it. Do your homework while establishing a web store!
Needless to say, you could always buy banners and advertisements on other sites, but you should be aware that the effect of banner ads is on a downward spiral because users have developed so-called banner . Thus, take the calculated and deliberate approach to building your web store and be sure you have a terrific strategy to attain your customers.
To Sum Up: Understand These 3 important Points
- Compile the stipulations of your internet store (prices, products, orders, warranties, returns, claims, payment procedures, delivery, accountability, etc.).
- List your business data on your own site (the more information you provide, the more reliable you look ).
- Do not forget great customer service (consider including a live chat option or telephone number as well as your email address).
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.
Our Feature Posts: