Small business owners frequently have to do more with less. Getting creative with limited resources shouldn’t be regarded as a handicap, but as a challenge to rise up to meet. You may have already thought about this and believe that no chance for cost-effective, time-saving improvements has escaped your attention. But have you thought about a POS handheld terminal?
Getting Started With a POS Handheld Terminal
The use of handheld terminals has been demonstrated to be very successful in several restaurants already. Handheld devices are in fact versatile enough to use in just about any small business imaginable, from salons and boutiques to food grills and trucks. Implementing a POS handheld terminal into your process flow can offer many significant benefits and efficiencies.
Prior to making your handheld POS device buy, you have to first consider if your existing POS solution is up to the task of successfully integrating with these devices. Handheld POS devices should be considered mobile devices, and mobile devices have a non-negotiable necessity of utilizing cloud-based POS program. Luckily, even if the POS system that you currently have in place doesn’t include cloud service, there are lots of options for you to pick that will offer a seamless integration of POS applications and devices.
POS handheld terminals can enhance many facets of your company, but two important benefits include freedom and the ability to build better customer experiences.
Handheld Terminals Give You Freedom of Movement
How do you think your company would function if you and your employees weren’t chained to a static POS terminal? How would the quality of support that you provide evolve if you made the change to handheld, mobile devices? Shifting to handheld terminals does more than just reduce your reliance on immobile hardware; they could positively affect how you engage with your customers.
The freedom and productivity-related advantages of POS handheld devices can function just about any business type. Here are just a few examples of how handhelds serve different businesses:
- Revenue team in a retail setting may use handhelds to scan items into stock or conduct in-aisle checkouts for extra convenience.
- Stylists in salons can easily tally a customer’s invoice (inclusive of merchandise purchases) and accept payment with no need for the customer to leave the seat.
- Spa staff can easily add updates through an in-process spa therapy, and customers can cover without forfeiting the relaxing ambiance of the experience.
- Cafes and coffee shops can radically decrease long lines and waits with staff armed with cellular POS terminals take orders and payment.
- Restaurants are most likely the most saturated with handheld POS terminals of businesses right now. Orders taken on these devices are sent straight to the kitchen display system (KDS), creating efficiencies in desk turnover times and order accuracy.
Adding freedom of motion to your toolbox will provide you an immediate edge over a lot of your competition. Besides the obvious convenience and speed it provides customers, workers will also appreciate the efficiencies and comforts that the apparatus can provide them. These can work together to improve both your client and staff retention prices.
Building a Better Customer Experience One Faucet at a Time
The flexibility and accuracy gains your company will consume with handheld POS devices won’t escape the notice of your clients. Handheld POS terminals offer you multiple opportunities to improve the level of customer service you provide. Building customer happiness is essential to getting long-term achievement, and these features will provide you with the means to do just that:
- Handheld terminals enable your staff to review a single customer’s buying history. Using this information, your employees can craft a personalized experience for your client.
- Restaurant servers will spend less time running to the kitchen and bar areas and more time servicing facilities. This permits them to build deeper connections with their clients and provide exceptional tableside service.
- Salons and spas may use handhelds for fast check-ins and check-outs, and may quickly get clients’ styling or experience tastes so that they could better cater their services to the customers’ needs.
Leveraging handheld POS devices to construct superior customer experiences generates long-term customer loyalty and value. The additional layers of efficiencies and convenience help you build a winning formula that drives your company’s value through the roof whilst also keeping you flexible enough to stay successful regardless of changes in the business climate or your clients’ preferences.
How Can a POS Handheld Terminal Add New Dimensions For Your Organization?
Discovering just how great of an effect handheld POS terminals can have on your business requires the advice of a seasoned expert. Leaning on the advice and assistance of a POS consultant won’t just help you in selecting the best technology for your company, but could also introduce new methods of working that take full advantage of their new POS technology tools on the market. This winning combination can help you build your company with fewer resources that are needed.
Obtaining the expert guidance of a respected POS adviser is a vital element in building a successful handheld POS strategy. Our talech consultants are proficient in all aspects concerning available POS hand-held options and will lead you towards the perfect match for your organization.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.
Our Feature Posts: