When you meet your client over the point-of-sale (POS) terminal, you expect everything goes right. However, there are lots of things that can fail. And occasionally, when unexpected glitches happen, your clients become frustrated. With an unreliable problem could result in a ripple effect of negative impacts such as higher attrition ratios, customer dissatisfaction, lost earnings and negative reviews in various social networking platforms so will your online reputation and Web Promoter Scores. It is best to see the dead angles before matters more complex
How do you avoid these 5 deadly point-of-sale pitfalls?
1) Hardware collapse — POS systems have a lot of pieces of hardware which rely on each other for the whole system to operate properly. You will find computer screens, keyboards, barcode scanners, credit card processors, check readers, receipt printers, and much more. If one of those hardware devices fails at the point of sale, it might cause your whole system to crash. If you do not fix it immediately, your client could walk out the door and you may lose that sale. If it happens too often, you will lose customers.
2) Software glitches — Not only do you have hardware to keep and keep current, but retailers also need to make sure their operational software functions properly. Along with your retail operations solutions, you have computer operating systems, servers, and software applications for lots of your hardware devices (credit card processors, check readers, etc.). If something is not working right, it can lead to problems at the point of sale, even if the software problem is somewhere else.
3) Network challenges — Apart from hardware and software, you have got the broader network infrastructure that connects you to the rest of the world. You’ve got your regional online connection, WANs, cellular data networks, and other connectivity stations that may put a massive kink in your customer relations if they cut off your POS interactions. Imagine what might happen if your credit card payments do not transmit or your stock counts do not upgrade as a result of connectivity challenges.
4) User mistakes — in addition to the hardware, software, and community challenges, retailers rely on people to guarantee POS transactions are processed fast and efficiently. If your employees don’t understand how to operate your system, that could lead to customer relationship problems.
5) Client data collection — If your CRM solution and your POS don’t perform well together, that may result in serious customer relationship problems. If you end up asking the exact clients to update their contact information multiple times, or you send out wrong advertising materials based on bogus purchase histories, or you confront other data collection challenges, then clients might wind up shopping with the contest. POS problems can result in a number of thorny issues with your clients. It is better to avoid them beforehand than placing your sales team under stress during hectic days
How to Prevent these POS Shortcomings?
To prevent these mistakes at any cost, every merchant needs to pick the perfect POS system for their retail business operations. ConnectPOS is an intuitive, smart, predictive, agile and mobile friendly POS. It reduces your work pressure, optimize productivity, improve efficiency and optimize retail processes across all channels. Both in real time and seamlessly.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.
Our Feature Posts: