Fantastic inventory management is crucial to running a successful company, and it’s among the main responsibilities of a supervisor. But even though the task of conducting a stocktake can often feel like a burden, the advantages for your company are incontrovertible – especially if major discrepancies are found and finally rectified.
Awkward or no software could lead to frequent mistakes and make this process more dull and time-consuming, but Epos Now have the best solution. Our inventory control system allows for a simple stocktake, together with the software doing the majority of the work for you. Follow our easy step-by-step guide to take the strain from your stocktake.
The way to finish a stocktake
- Open the menu bar, go to’Stock’ and then’Stocktake’.
- Use the search bar, a product listing, or the fast scan feature along with your barcode scanner to locate or include products
- The’expected stock’ will reveal the amount you have to have based on earnings, and real stock is entered in the’real stock’ area
- If you are working with liquids, instead of having to figure out how many ml are abandoned you can tick’show as decimal’ and the system will figure out the amount for you
- If real stock is the same as expected inventory, click on the value under anticipated stock and this will automatically move over and from here you can also + or – to show your real stock
- Set motive to’stocktake’ and apply to all using buttons under the search bar
- If you are working from a list and there is a missing Solution, search for the item from the search bar, click it and it will add to your listing or if you have hundreds of items in your list, Instead of scrolling you find them you can search for them
- Click’Save as draft’ to keep your stocktake after
- Click’Review stocktake’ to go to the review page
- This page shows you the total number of items counted, total number of postings, complete correct items and complete uncounted
- If you don’t have some of the uncounted products in stock, click’set uncounted to zero’ and affirm from the pop-up
- If you know they won’t be coming back in stock you can eliminate them from the list
- return to’all things’ where you can choose to publish your stocktake or move straight to’complete stocktake’
Along with your stocktake is complete!
You could also choose to perform a’blind stocktake’ which sets a consent in the back office where certain staff members are not able to see the expected stock to stop items not really being counted.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.
Our Feature Posts: